Friday 11 January 2013

Pick-up


We were given a new rig, who also came with some assignments. This video presents the compilation of the first. The task was to make the rig look like, it was picking-up a heavy object. At first this assignment sounded quite easy to do, since I have some previous experiance with parenting in 3ds Max. However the proccess that is used here is not the same as the one I am used to. To make this video, I parent-constrained the object to the arm of the rig.(To the locator attached to the arm). Than I keyframed the position of the box, before the rig grabs it, or it will stay in his hand for the hole time. However now I new problem arises. When the object is keyframed to a position it will not be picked-up by the rig. The solution I stepped upon is changing the value of the blend parent option in the channelbox. When the value is zero the object stays in place and when its one it is in the rig's hand. So by keyframing this value I was able to make my animation more properly and add some minor adjustments.

No comments:

Post a Comment