Friday 24 May 2013

3d Adaptation

3d Adaptation using maya


This was quite hard to get my head around at first. At first, the camera move did not work, because I had too many photoshop layers. It was very hard to make many planes, move them around in 3d space and position them just like in the painting. This is why I drastically decreased the number of layers. Now I only had to work with 5 layers (5 planes). So I set up the camera in maya. Made all the necessary adjustments on the planes and started to sculpt the objects. This did not work so well. I think it is because my painting was not very detailed, thus there was not much to sculpt. Overall the animation that I was able to produce is not very good. This is probably due to a lack of skill, but it was a nice experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment