Friday 24 May 2013

Ident

This is my Ident

I made this Ident using photoshop and after effects. First I drew the brain, eyes, nerves and hands into photoshop. I was able to achieve a nicely looking style for all the drawings. After that was completed I imported everythig in after effects. There I rigged the brain. This was done by using the puppet tool. Every point of the mesh was connected to a null object, through a simple expression:
"n=thisComp.layer("name of layer");
nullpos=n.toComp(n.anchorPoint);
fromComp(nullpos);".
This allowed me to make a hierarchy and essentially have more control over the brain and eyes. In some parts, the eyes were controled with a simple "wiggle" expression, but in others were controlled by keyframes.
For the liquid I used the "Mr Mercury" effect. In the end it seemed like a nice video. The only thing in my opinion that did not work out so well, was the transition between the squeeze and the logo.

No comments:

Post a Comment